Corporate Social Responsibility CRS
At Banning Dental, we take our responsibility as corporate citizens seriously.
As well as policies and commitments that support people and the environment, we do this through investing time and
money to create opportunities to good causes locally and globally.
What we do
- At Banning Dental Group, Banning Skin Clinique and Banning Academy we fund and support our SmileCharity. We
believe that every person has a right to healthy teeth. As a patient you are welcome to nominate a person who
you think specially deserves a free smile makeover treatment. We will choose one person every quarter to have a
full smile makeover and their journey to a more confident and comfortable smile can be followed on our website.
- We release our team to take part in volunteering activities in the local area and overseas and participate in
fundraising events throughout the year.
- We are working with the local community by visiting nurseries, schools, local businesses and resident
As a dental group we, we're committed to preventative oral care. We promote, stimulate and encourage our patients
to take necessary steps to prevent oral health issues and work with the entire health team to identify risk
factors to general disease and illnesses.
We are committed to minimising our impact on the environment, and to running a sustainable business. Carbon
emissions are offset as we believe in working to improve quality of life for people near and far. Smile by smile
and generation by generation. Our practice prohibits use of mercury fillings, known as amalgam or silver fillings.
The Group aims to achieve this by:
- Taking sustainable development into account in its policies, plans and decisions
- Encouraging its staff to work in an environmentally responsible manner and to play a full part in developing
new ideas and initiatives
- Encouraging its visitors and patients to take responsible action in terms of environmentally sustainable best
- Minimising its consumption of natural resources.
- Reduce carbon emissions where possible such as using low energy ways in which to interact with its partners
- Choosing sustainable goods and services and prefer suppliers who have sustainable policies and procedures
The practice, working with its staff and suppliers, will:
- Reduce emissions from its buildings through energy management such as turning off lights and equipment,
reducing the temperature of the heating and using good standards of insulation
- Maximise recycling arrangements
- Minimise waste by reducing and reusing non-clinical products where appropriate and reduce where possible
- Raise awareness of sustainable development at the practice
- Reduce the printing of paper forms and records
- Reduce water consumption
- Comply with all environmental legislation and codes of practice
- The practice aims to minimise its consumption of other resources, including dental materials, gas, paper,
tissues, paper towels and other consumables.
- The practice will encourage its staff members to use the appropriate internal and external recycling